Thursday, September 13, 2007

Gigantic Spider Web

So if you hate spiders as much as I do, then this will either completely creep you out or it will totally fascinate you. Even though I hate spiders, I am a fan of watching them...from a large distance that is. Anyway, this giant spider was found in a North Texas State Park about a month ago. Apparently entomologists are not sure why the web is so large, or why hundreds of spiders are living in the same area. Thats right...hundreds or even thousands.

Here is a photo.


And a video about it...sorry for the copyright stamped across the video...



The web consumes seven large trees, dozens of bushes, and the ground is is 200 yards in length. Park rangers say it used to be white, but has trapped so many mosquitoes that it has since turned a brown color.

Here is the link to the news article. As much as I hate spiders, I think it would be cool to check out.

No comments: