Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cow Hunting


So as I mentioned below, my Grandpa has 15 Black Angus Cows on his property. They usually hang out in the large open field off the back of his house during the day, but every evening near dusk they take off into the tree line. My brother and I were curious where they were going, so we went cow hunting on the ATV with 2, 10 million-candle power lights late at night.

This was quite an adventure. As you get back into his property, the trees get pretty thick, and although the ATV trails are about 8 feet wide, they make super good real estate for all kinds of spiders. (Yes, I do HATE spiders, but, in the spirit of adventure, I went anyway. Plus, we looked really carefully in front of us to make sure we didn't run into any really large ones.) We spent about an hour driving all around the property looking for them but never found them so we decided to call it a night.

We took a night off, and went back out there tonight and after about 45 minutes of looking, we finally found them. They were tucked way in the back corner of the property buried in all the trees - just where I thought they might be.

Cow hunting...


Night Spider

After a successful mission, we headed back to the house, grabbed my camera and had some fun with some night photos. Here's one of the photos...


Tomorrow I think I will get to drive the tractor...yehaw!

3 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Yehaw!

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

Time for a new blog post.
Here are some suggestions of topics.
1. Why I(Brian) think Court is so amazing.
2. Going to dinner with my friend Court.
3. Help Desk set up.
4. The only person in this world I would ever want to sit elbow to elbow with at work.
5. My favorite co-photographer. Especially during wedding season.
6. 7345 reasons Courtney makes me laugh.



I look forward to reading your posts soon!! :-)

Ange said...

TIme for a new blog poast:
Here are some suggestions of topics:
1. Why I (Brian) don't blog that much.
2. Staffnet
3. 101 reasons why Ange and Courtney are awesome ladies
4. Mac vs. PC
5. Why Bluetooth's are dorky
6. Why I (Brian) Twitter but don't have it connected to my Facebook
7. How I (Brian) put the Fine in Refinery

Good luck bjenkins.