Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Internet at last!

So My brother and I are here in Oklahoma visiting my Grandpa for about 10 days. He has 50 or so acres outside of Sallisaw near the Arkansas border. He has a small 3-bedroom, house, with a full scale barn (complete with a John-Deer tracker and every attachment imaginable), pump house, and pond. He has 15 Black Angus Beef Cattle, and a horse (though, these are not his, he just rents the land to the guys who own the animals).

We arrived on Monday, and have been busy helping him around the house and clearing brush out in the property ever since. Here are some photos of his property.

This is the view looking off his back porch to the right...


Straight off the back porch...


This is a clearing in the middle of his property. It pretty large, and has
a natural gas well in it right near the tree on the right...


This is the ATV path that runs along the side of the pond...


The pond...


He has a 4-wheel drive ATV that he uses to get around the property quickly, so my brother and I have been using it to drive all over for all the work that we have been doing.

1 comment:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I can't lie...I usually like my vacations to be like Cabo or Hawaii...but Oklahoma looks pretty stinking rad! Have fun!...and please come back with a little accent so I can laugh!